Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cooking with Guy Martin...kind of


I know I'm still backtracking, but it has to be done...

On the second day of orientation (last Thurday), IES surprised us and took us to Guy Martin's Parisian kitchen, and we got to cook a gourmet meal! It was fabulous. I love to cook (not that I have the time or means, as a college student, though), so it was nice to hang out with the other students and help each other cook.

First, we chopped a bunch of vegetables, specifically how we were instructed. Then, a few people cooked the chicken, while others made the grain dish, and others later helped with the dessert: chocolate souffle!! (Gregory, be jealous...it was an epic souffle, as you can see.)

By the way, I'm sorry these pictures are in reverse chronological order. I need to get the hang of this thing...but lucky you! You get to see the visit backwards...

Anne and Owen

the chef showing them how to fill the souffle ramekins 

the beautiful [and delicious] finished product

cooking chicken

everyone hard at work, attempting to follow the specific instructions. I'd say we did pretty well.

Owen and I getting ready to show off our chopping skills

1 comment:

  1. french food + mexican food + italian food = best apartment everrrrrrr. without a really long hallway or confusing microwave. :)

    espero que te estes divertiendo, mi amorcita!

    ReplyDelete