Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The advantages of taking an Impressionism class in Paris


Salut!

One of the two classes I'm taking this summer is Impressionism and Post-Impressionism. My favorite part about this class is that we go on one or two visits every week. Here are some pictures from a couple of our class trips...

L'Opéra Garnier






Yes, this is a library! I never knew they had libraries in opera houses...

a small model of a set to one of the performances

Opera houses also house a lot of art...

...and statues.


Les Tuileries et le Musée de l'Orangerie

For another visit, we took a stroll in the Tuileries gardens (which I think I've posted pictures of before), and then made our way to the Musee de l'Orangerie. There, several of Monet's famous Nympheas (Waterlillies) paintings are held, as well as a lot of other impressionist works...and even some modern ones, as you'll see.

Anne and I posing in front of one of the Nymphea works (a bit out of order, sorry!)

views from the Tuileries gardens

more Tuileries...




Oh, you know, the Eiffel Tower just magically appears from time to time. Those are the moments I have to pinch myself and re-convince myself that I'm really living in this breathtaking city...


Les Nympheas...



...and Judy






some modern art that caught my eye...


The Parisian metro. What a trip.

if only everyone I encountered on the metro looked this cute and vibrant...


No comments:

Post a Comment