Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bon voyage...?!!

Hey everyone,

Well, it's official. This trip has snuck up on me. I can't believe I'm leaving for the airport at about 6:30 am tomorrow morning.

My flight itinerary is as follows (not that it's that exciting): leave MKE at 8:30 am...land in Newark, NJ around 10:30...sit in Newark airport all day...depart for Paris (Charles de Gaulle) at 6:10 pm...land in Paris at 7:35 am Monday morning. Whew. Moving on...

Other details of my trip: I will be taking classes at the IES Abroad Center, which is located in the 14eme arrondissement (essentially the 14th of 20 neighborhoods that compose Paris city), known as Montparnasse

Here's a map, if you'd like to get your bearings. (It's in the southern part of the city.) http://www.devinci.fr/ri/incoming/Liens/paris.gif

This area is apparently very nice, complete with several shops and restaurants. In addition, I will be staying with a host family in the city. Before I was assigned to a specific family, the program warned us to prepare for a long metro ride to school every day. Then, when I received my placement, I realized that I will be living only 2 blocks away from school! Haha...that was lucky. Hopefully, the other students won't be too jealous. :-)

Well, I'm going to cut this short. If you know me well, you know I'm VERY good at rambling, so you can expect much longer posts in the future. But at the moment, my suitcase is calling and is in need of desperate attention. The next time you hear from me, I'll be in France!

A bientot,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment